Last Updated: October 2020
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Website or App.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Website or App, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website or App.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website or App.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users and visitors of our Website and App, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and COVID-19 related health information such as temperature, cough, and any other symptoms you experience and report to us (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or App and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website or App. Information collected automatically is collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties which may include usage details, IP addresses and other information.
We Do Not Collect Information from Children
Our Website and App are not intended for independent use by children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can contact us at email@example.com. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” If we learn that personally identifiable information has been collected from persons under 13 without their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website or App may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or App. This includes information provided at the time of registering, subscribing or requesting services or products. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or App.
- When you register for an account to use our services or at any later time, you may provide certain personally identifiable information such as: your name, password, age, gender, email address, postal mailing address, zip code, and home/mobile telephone number. When using our services, you may also upload videos of yourself taking your temperature.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we may conduct to help us improve our application
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
Information that is Automatically Collected
When you visit our Website, whether or not you register for an account, emocha may send one or more cookies to your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on a website. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. However, if you remove cookies, you may not have access to certain services or features available on the Website.
emocha may also implement third party content, such as textual or graphical links, on the Website which allow the third party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser, or implement similar tracking mechanisms, in connection with your viewing of that third party content displayed on the Website or otherwise made available through our Services. This information is collected directly by such third party, and emocha does not participate in that data transmission and is not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties. We have no access or control of the cookies or web beacons set by third parties.
We collect device identifiers and may collect information about your location with your permission. emocha Mobile Health’s servers may also automatically record certain information from your browser such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring or exit pages, click stream data, operating system, and the dates and times that you visit our Website.
Usage Details, IP Addresses and Other Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
We Combine Information About You
We combine de-identified information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. We combine information collected across devices, such as computers and mobile devices. Your information may also be combined with that of other Students in your school to allow your Administrator and/or school to assess the overall safety of your school environment.
Use and Disclosure of Protected Health Information
The privacy of the individually identifiable health information we collect may be protected by federal law (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act or HIPAA, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”), and their regulations). Your individually identifiable health information may also be protected by state privacy laws in some instances. This health information is referred to as “personally identifiable information” (“PII”). Your PII will only be used for the purpose of supplying you with products or services that you request, for our own management and administration purposes, or for other purposes for which you have given your consent, except where otherwise permitted by law. For example, we may use your PII to communicate with you regarding products, services, and features that may be of interest to you and that are offered by our affiliates and business partners, if you authorize it.
In instances where you have authorized emocha to use and disclose your PII for certain purposes, you may withdraw your consent in the future. However, if you withdraw your consent for emocha to use or disclose your information with your school, your school may already have information you have submitted in the past and emocha cannot control how your school uses or discloses that information in the future. You may withdraw your consent by sending your request in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter addressed to emocha Mobile Health Inc., 916 N. Charles Street, 2nd Floor – Suite 200, Baltimore, MD, 21201. Please note that your withdrawal will not be effective until your request is received, and will not apply to uses and disclosures that have already been made in reliance on your consent. Withdrawal of consent does not guarantee that your information will be deleted from emocha, and it is not effective with respect to information that your school has or uses.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To display our Website/App and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To respond to your questions. This includes questions about our services or your relationship with us.
- To improve our Website and App.
- We use “cookies” information to: (a) remember some of your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website; and (b) monitor aggregate information such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website/App or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To verify your identity and administer your account.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To your Administrator and/or school.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To third parties to provide their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures. Once you make your information available to others, it may be collected and used by the recipients and we no longer have control over that information or how it is used.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not sell any personal information, but please note that we may use, sell, or share information that does not identify you without restriction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. You can always choose not to submit your information to us, but if you do not submit the information requested, you may not be able to access many of the products, services, and features that we offer.
If you do not wish to receive communications from us about products, services, or features that may be of interest, you can unsubscribe to any e-mail that we may send to you. You may request deletion of your personal information by us, but please note that we and/or your school may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements).
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
To stop receiving our marketing communications please email us at email@example.com or follow the instructions in any message you get from us. If you opt out of marketing emails you will continue to receive messages from us about your relationship with us where permitted by law.
Access and Amendment of Your Information
We use appropriate and reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure as required by relevant law. emocha uses certain security safeguards to help protect your personal information. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise you that your use of our Website and App will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
If emocha learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice on or through the Website or App if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Do not to share your password with anyone. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Please report any security violations or concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at email@example.com or write to us at the address below.